Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sweet Surrender Cocktail

Time for a new cocktail! I came across this recipe in the Winter Cocktails book I received last year. I had yet to make anything from it and with a party coming up, I decided now was the time to do it. 


With Valentine's Day next week, and well, because I liked the ingredients, I decided on Sweet Surrender. I had never infused alcohol before, and was pretty excited to try it.

Dried chamomile flowers and fresh pears.

Definitely not as hard as I imagined.

Take some dried chamomile flowers (you should be able to find loose flowers at most health food stores) and 2 fresh pears, and add either a bottle of vodka or gin. Then let it do its thing for 3-5 days, stirring a 1-2 times per day.



Other than planning a few days before the party, it was a pretty easy drink to make. Once the drink is infused, strain out the pears and flowers and simply add two cups chamomile tea, two cups honey/water, and two bottles of champagne. That's it!

I let the infused alcohol, tea and honey/water chill in the refrigerator all day and added the champagne right before the guests arrived.

I don't have any 'after' photos because well, it went over really well and by the time I remembered, it was too late. Bad blogger...sorry. But I can tell you everyone either loved it or didn't, but I'd say 80% loved it. It was gone way too early in the evening, and I only made one..bad hostess!

Recipe:
  • 2 cups honey syrup (1 cup water and 1 cup honey)
  • 1 bottle Pear Infused Vodka (2 pears and 1 bottle of vodka)
  • 2 chilled bottles of champagne
  • 2 cups brewed chamomile tea, chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment