Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What To Do With Your Tween/Teen in San Diego This Summer

When my kids were smaller, I wrote a lot about what to do with kids in San Diego. It seemed like I'd never run out of ideas. Heck, going to the park can seem exciting for a toddler.

Now that my kids are 11 and 13, finding things to do during the summer, even in San Diego, can be a challenge. Besides the obvious choices of the beach, attractions such as Sea World, the Zoo, etc., options get a little more challenging, and opinions stronger!

Before I started hearing the dreaded "I'm boooored mom" from them, we sat down and talked about our own summer bucket list in San Diego.  What's great about this list is that the options are almost all outdoors and active. Love it!

1. Stand-Up-Paddleboarding: There are a bunch of places throughout San Diego to go, but we really like going to Coronado. The water is calm and the views are amazing.

2. Kayaking: I'm really excited to try this. La Jolla Cove, I believe, is the best place to kayak. On any given day, you can see marine life as well as tour the La Jolla Sea Caves.

3. The Boardwalk: Skateboard or ride your bike down the boardwalk in Mission Beach. My kids are really into their penny boards, so anytime they can take them somewhere they are game. You'll find awesome opportunities to tour the boardwalk then stop, grab some ice cream and people watch.

4. Aquatica by SeaWorld: After having annual passes for nearly 7 years to LEGOLAND, we have officially outgrown it. Aquatica is great for teens/tweens. Parents can lounge, while the kids ride the scary rides. The kids love to bring a few friends and run around the park and ride all the fun water slides.

5.  Indoor Trampoline: Ok, this one isn't outside, but it is active! I took the kids and a few friends last week, and they had a blast. What's even better, is they were exhausted.

Tell me, what are your go-to activities for your tween/teen?

No comments:

Post a Comment