Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Art of Dry Brushing

Over the last year or so it seems dry brushing has gone beyond spa and natural living talk to now having mom's ask me about it.

I started dry brushing a little over a year ago. When I do it consistently every day before showering I've noticed real results. When I do it maybe 2-3x per week, not so much. What results can you expect? Some dry brushing claims include:

  • Opens the pores on your skin
  • Sloughs off dry skin
  • Promotes tighter skin, cell renewal and blood flow
  • Helps release toxins and aids in digestion and kidney function
  • Gives your skin a glowy, smooth complexion
I know some people believe it also helps with cellulite. I'm not sure I've noticed that, but hey anything can help in that department!


How to dry brush:
Here's the key... the brush needs to be dry! Sometimes I'm in such a rush that I forget and I've already jumped in the shower. Brush only toward your heart with long sweeps. Don't go back and forth, scrub or do any circular motions.  For my arms, I tend to just hold them up and brush down toward my heart.  Scrub everything! At first it feels a little weird, but once you get into the habit, you'll love how it feels.

What I've noticed:
When I dry brush regularly, my skin really is smooth and after a shower, putting on lotion, really does give it that glowy look. In fact, my boyfriend commented a few times how soft my skin is that I finally told him I think it was the dry brushing. That is always a good sign something is working when someone notices!

Have you tried dry brushing? What results have you seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment