Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Follow for Freebies

I am not a big coupon clipper. I've tried and for whatever reason, it just hasn't worked for me. That doesn't mean I don't clip a coupon here and there, especially if it's for something I know I really use. Clipping coupons takes a lot of organization and time, and frankly, I just like running into my Trader Joe's and grabbing most of what I need in about 15 minutes.

However, what I've found I do enjoy is on occasion receiving free samples in the mail because they allow me try things I might not normally know about.

Last year, I was laid off from my job along with a lot of other employees due to budget cuts. I ended up having about three months of time in between jobs.  During that time, I started following some blogs focused on saving money. The one blog I still read nearly every day is Money Saving Mom. By following this blog, I've learned about freebies I didn't even know existed as well as sales and deals at some of my favorite stores.

A few of my favorite samples over the last few months:

Dial 7-Day Moisturizing Lotion: Last week I sampled the 7 Day Moisturizing Lotion with Greek Yogurt. It went on so smooth and non-greasy, I couldn't believe it. I don't remember the scent (not sure if that's good or bad), but I will definitely buy this.

Garnier + Nourishing Cleansing Oil: I was a little unsure about this. Oil on the face? I don't have oily skin, in fact my skin tends to be dry, but still. I went through the sample and ended up really liking it. During my latest trip to Target I bought the full size. I really like it at night. It removes your makeup and still gets your skin clean. And it's not left feeling dry!

L'Oreal Paris Color Vibrancy: I get highlights on my hair and need them to last as long as possible. I was a little skeptical about this one, but ended up buying the full-size after trying the sample and really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment