Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Teen/Tween Activity: Rock Climbing

Lately I've been looking for things to do with my son that are more on the active side. I mean... he can only go to the mall with his sister and I so many times! 



Enter..indoor rock climbing. To be honest, I wasn't really sure how much either of us would like it. BUT...after a few successful attempts, I have to say, it was really fun.

Like, I would go again fun.

We went to an open gym time and luckily for us it wasn't too crowded. We were given the five minute safety speech and then left on our own.


One thing that was pretty darn obvious when I got there was that I literally was the only mom actually rock climbing. There were a lot of dads and a few moms, but the moms weren't climbing. Not sure if that was a good or bad sign.

We decided to start out on one of the 'easier' courses. It was harder than I thought until I learned I wasn't doing it right. Apparently, if you're using your legs, then it should be pretty easy. (I, of course, was not.)

(I honestly don't know if it's even possible to take a good picture from this angle??)

Once we got the hang of it and made it to the top a few times, we were feeling pretty darn good. I am so going back again!


1 comment:

  1. I love rock climbing! It was such a long time ago I did it though.
    xx Elle

    New outfit post up on:

    www.cherryblossomstreet.com - Swedish Model and Fashion Blogger in TOKYO

    ReplyDelete