Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Finding the Perfect Reusable Water Bottle

If you live in California, then the topic of water is probably going to come up at some point in a conversation, online, or in the news. When it rains, we do a little happy dance. Ok, I don't. But I also don't complain about it.

I recently read this article about bottled water, and it reminded me that I probably buy too much. While this author is clearly against any form of bottled water, I don't think I can realistically never use them again, simply because I'm just not that organized. And with kids, well, the convenience factor often times outweighs my good intentions.

But that doesn't mean I can't take a few small steps and that starts with having the right refillable bottles around that my kids and I might actually use.


I have had this one for a little while and I love it. It's BPA-free and you can infuse your water with any type of citrus - lemon, lime, clementine, etc. It's also top-rack dishwasher safe!

My kids are not big reusable bottled water drinkers. They swear they start to smell funny after a few uses. It's a challenge, but I've found a few that so far are doing the trick - and all are BPA-free!


CamelBak Better Bottle. My son likes this one because of the flip up straw, and I've found they are pretty easy to clean.



Sigg Lifestyle Water Bottle: My daughter likes these because you can find some pretty cool designs. I on the other hand am not a huge fan for two reasons: 1- It's really hard to put ice in them 2- those little caps seem to always get lost.





Reduce Everyday, WaterWeek: I don't have these yet, but I love the idea. If I saw them at Target, I might just have to have them. Five bottles stored in a container, ready to go when you are. They come in smaller versions too for the little ones.









No comments:

Post a Comment