Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What's New with Breakfast...


I love mornings. Although, most of the time, I'm running around and need something quick, which typically turns out to be some sort of smoothie. As much as I love my green smoothies, I realized I need other options.

Enter Overnight Oats.

I love the idea of having breakfast pretty much ready for you in the morning. The key is to be organized the night before.




All but the rolled oats came from Trader Joes. You can find rolled oats at most stores that have a bulk food area.




When I first tasted it, I was a little unsure. Maybe it was because I was expecting it to be warm like oatmeal. But after the second bite, I was all in.  The best part... I wasn't hungry all morning! And not like I ate too much that I'm so full I can't think about food, but rather, I'm satisfied. Definitely adding this to my morning routine.


Recipe:

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
21/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together in a glass jar. (I used a mason jar) Stir well, cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, top off with your favorite fresh fruit and enjoy!


What is your go-to breakfast?



No comments:

Post a Comment